Flute Masterclass with Pamela Endsley
I had to warm up for the piccolo masterclass during the majority of this session so I only have notes from one performer. This session had excerpts that may show up on an orchestral audition
Mozart: Concerto in G Major
- Concertos may be used since the committee can get a since of pitch and rhythm.
- Repeated notes are either going somewhere or coming from somewhere. Use dynamics to show this.
- Make sure you have perfect Rhythm, count out each rest, don't skip over any.
- Stay relaxed
Beethoven: Leanor #3
- One of the hardest sections of this piece is the opening statement because of the high sustained notes. However it is pointless to put this on an audition.
- This piece should be played at 126.
- Intonation is very important.
- Relax your jaw to bring the pitch down.
- Don't rush the 16th notes; if you do, the first ones will get chopped.