I have been doing street performances here and there for about 3 years and although
I can't tell you how to do it, I can offer a few tips that will
help you out.
- Although Music is international, if you are playing for money then
have a selection of tunes that your audience will enjoy the most. On
an outdoor mall in Boulder, Colorado called Pearl Street, I will play
Jazz and Rock (Jethro Tull) because the people there like it.
- Have at least a few tunes memorized and ready to play. I will usually
go with a guitar friend and we will play a few from memory and improvise
- Although I have seen it, it is best if you do not use a music stand.
It takes away from your performance appearance.
- Have fun, the easiest way to make money* is to have fun with it.
- If you have problems with Performance Anxiety, then there are some