These notes are from the 2003 Colorado Flute Fair at Metro State College
"Little things happen and then they accumulate."
- When working with Baroque Pieces
- Figure out what scale each measure; then take out all the notes
that aren't in the scale (ex: passing tones or neighboring tones)
and practice it like that until you get the feeling of it.
- Never play the same notes the same way, swing them just a little
- Make sure the first note is correct, if it isn't correct, then the
second note won't be correct. The first note should be special to that
piece, it should let the audience know what they are going to be listening
- Notes are just signs on the page.