These notes are from the 2000 Colorado Flute Fair. Claudia Anderson and Jill Felber taught Contemporary Techniques for the flute
[ Also See Chords ]
- Play High D but under tone
- Tongue Stop
- Say "Wuh" into the Flute. Make sure that your tongue covers the whole embouchure of the flute. When you say "wuh", yourstomach should pop out.
- Whistle Tones
- These sound similar to a tea pot! Play a high A, and then blow as if you have no
air left at all, so very little breath. You should hear a whistle, it will be
- Katherine Kemler also talks about Whistle Tones
- Flutter Tongue
- For those of you who can't roll your "R's", you can aksi take some water and gargle.